...OH, ONE MORE THING - PLEASE BOOKMARK US & VISIT DAILY!
By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief
Ten fighters from last night's UFC on Fox 3 event from East Rutherford, New Jersey, could be out for an extended period of time, unless cleared early, as the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board handed out indefinite medical suspensions to those fighters. Four others received finite suspensions, though they too can be cleared early.
Topping the list are co-main event fighters Johny Hendricks and Josh Koscheck, who both suffered injuries in their bout, which Hendricks won by split decision. After taking a poke to the eye in the first round, Hendricks must be cleared by an ophthalmologist before returning to action, while Koscheck must get a CT scan to assess the damage to his face from the bout.
* Johny Hendricks: suspended indefinitely pending opthalmological exam (right eye)
* Josh Koscheck: suspended indefinitely pending CT of facial bones
* Alan Belcher: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right hand
* Lavar Johnson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left hand
* Tony Ferguson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left forearm
* John Dodson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left hand
* Pascal Krauss: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right foot
* Louis Gaudinot: suspended indefinitely pending X-rays of both left and right hands and 30 days for tough fight
* Danny Castillo: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right hand
* Nick Denis: suspended indefinitely pending CT facial (orbits) and CT of head and suspended 30 days for tough fight
* Rousimar Palhares: suspended 30 days for TKO loss
* Pat Barry: suspended 30 days for TKO loss
* John Lineker: suspended 30 days for submission loss
* Dennis Bermudez: suspended 60 days for facial laceration healing
DON'T GO YET... WE SUGGEST THESE MMATORCH ARTICLES, TOO!
Jamie Penick, editor-in-chief
STAFF COLUMNISTS: Shawn Ennis - Jason Amadi
Frank Hyden - Rich Hansen
Chris Park - Matt Pelkey
Interested in joining MMATorch's writing team? Send idea for a theme to your column (for Specialist section) or area of interest (i.e. TV Reporter) along with a sample of writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.