...OH, ONE MORE THING - PLEASE BOOKMARK US & VISIT DAILY!
By Alvin Benjamin Carter III, MMA Torch Specialist
After Strikeforce President Scott Coker was quoted saying,"Bjorn's saying he's texting me 11, 12 times an hour. I'm not sure if he's trying to be a level-five clinger or anything like that, but I haven't received one text from the guy...,” on “Savage Dog Show” interview on Sherdog.com. Bellaotr’s CEO, Bjorn Rebney, has responded to what he calls inaccurate claims with the actually text messages sent to Coker.
Two versions of the text messages were sent out by Bellator’s PR company, AlPaytac Inc. These messages are said to have been sent over the last week, and it is said that a collection of voicemails have been sent to Coker as well.
One version shows the name Scott Coker, and the other actually displays Coker’s phone number so members of the media can verify the number. Bellator kindly asked the media not to publish Scott Coker’s personal telephone number, so I have posted the text message set that just shows Coker’s name.
Text Message 1
Text Message 2
Text Message 3
Text Message 4
Coker believes Rebney is calling Strikeforce out in a public fashion just for the sake of staying relevant, but no matter the reason Rebney has some good ideas about fights for a PPV.
After the announcement of the WEC/UFC merger, it might be in the best interest of both camps to co-promote a PPV. Eddie Alvarez vs. Gilbert Melendez, Hector Lombard vs. Jacare Souza, and Ben Askren vs. Nick Diaz sounds like an awesome card to me! Maybe even put Dan Hornbuckle vs. Tyron Woodley to round out a main card.
It will be interesting to see how or if Coker responds. Moving slow (or not at all) on the few non-UFC fights that fans want to see would not be advantages for either promotion. A co-promoted PPV for January would make a lot of sense if either of these company want to announce that their still around after the UFC becomes the most complete mixed martial arts promotion in the world.
DON'T GO YET... WE SUGGEST THESE MMATORCH ARTICLES, TOO!
Page not found - MMATorch
Page not found (404)
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission has ruled Cain Velasquez unfit for fighting this Friday night, so his match against Fabricio Werdum is off UFC 207. Velasquez had said previously he was scheduled for surgery after UFC [...]
Jamie Penick, editor-in-chief
STAFF COLUMNISTS: Shawn Ennis - Jason Amadi
Frank Hyden - Rich Hansen
Chris Park - Matt Pelkey
Interested in joining MMATorch's writing team? Send idea for a theme to your column (for Specialist section) or area of interest (i.e. TV Reporter) along with a sample of writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.