Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email email@example.com and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
7/21/16: Top Five MMA Quotes of the Week
In our regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. Michael Bisping on Dan Henderson: “The guy’s an absolute hypocrite. He was manipulating the system. He was cheating. Call it what you will. I’m very happy. I get to get my revenge on an even playing field… I’ll go out, I’ll beat Dan Henderson, I’ll pay him back for what happened in 2009 after cheating. Whoever’s next in line, they’ll still be there and we can go at it. No problem.
4. Ronda Rousey on her mom’s favorite “mom-ism”: “This is the advice her coach gave her, I was a little pre-teen when she gave this to me cause I went to the junior nationals and I lost my first junior nationals. I ended up fighting her again later and my mom she like pulled me aside to the mat and she’s like ‘I’m going to tell you what my coach told me’ when she lost the French Open and ended up winning the World Championships later, ‘I’m going to tell you what he told me: Winning’s a b**ch but revenge is a motherf***er.’ You go get her!”
3. Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos on skull fracture from Michael Page’s flying knee: “I’m all right. Nothing happened. Everyone is so worried about me. They’re making fundraisers, but I don’t need anything. I’m really fine. He only broke the eggshell, but nothing happened to my brain.”
2. Jon Jones proclaims innocence after USADA test failure: “Don’t write me off just yet, I know in my heart that I’m not a cheater. I trust in the system to help me prove it.”
1. Mark Hunt on what the UFC should do about Brock Lesnar’s failed drug test: “I saw Brock made millions for this fight, more than anyone ever. I wanna know what they are gonna do to Brock now. When you don’t make weight they give twenty percent of your purse to the other fighter. If you get caught cheating you should lose all of it. I’ve told Dana I want half of Brock’s purse… I’ve told Dana that I want a release from the UFC if they don’t sort this out. They say they are trying to clean up the sport, but it doesn’t feel like it.”
[Photo (c) Matt Roberts via USA Today Sports]
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.